What can I do today to improve my mental wellbeing?
Just like we need to take care of our physical wellbeing through eating well and exercising it is also important to take care of your mental wellbeing. What can you do to help your mental health today?
- Talk to someone – sharing your feelings is a really important part of maintaining your mental wellbeing
- Exercise – We know that exercise helps to maintain your mental health by improving your self-esteem and keeping your body and brain functioning well.
- Eat well – good nutrition helps your brain to function well
- Communicate – catch up with friends, don’t retreat into isolation
- Take time to relax – everyone needs a break, some time out. Just 5 minutes to relax can make all the difference, maybe it is time to book a day off or a holiday
- Spend time on a hobby or interest – enjoying yourself is good for your wellbeing
- Care for others – reach out to friends in need – two-way support is so important. You can provide the listening ear for someone else.
Is there one of these that would help you today? How could you make these healthy habits part of your regular routine?